|Student Leadership and ASB
|The student leadership is responsible for organizing many of Sherwood High School's events, including assemblies, Homecoming, dances, fundraisers, and community service opportunities. SHS has been recognized for the last six years by the Oregon Association of Student Councils for having one of the top leadership programs in the state. Anyway can get involved in this great program; it's not just limited to elected officers. Simply enroll in one of our Leadership classes or pay attention to announcements and show up to one of our events! Advisors:
- Student Council/ASB/Leadership Teacher: Aurora Taylor, email@example.com
- Senior Class & Graduation: Briana Dannen, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Junior Class & Prom: Micki Vanderberg, email@example.com
- Sophomore Class & Homecoming Dance: Megan Radocha, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Freshman Class & Powderpuff/Macho Man: Kari Turner, email@example.com
- Mr. Bowmen: Aurora Taylor and Teresa Swake
About the program:
- Beginning Leadership (Leadership 1) is offered 2nd period every trimester and is open to ALL students of all ages. This course is designed to teach leadership skills and offer opportunities to help plan upcoming events and service projects. The projects change depending on the trimester.
- Advanced Leadership (Leadership 2 / Leadership Council) is required for all ASB officers and Class Presidents, but is also open to any student who has taken Beginning Leadership or has received instructor approval (only in very rare cases). The class is primarily project based and dependent on the Activities Calendar.
- Election packets are available in March of each year and elections are held in April. Officers are inducted in May and begin planning for the following school year then.
- Mr. Bowmen applications are generally available in November with committee selected by early December. Only seniors and juniors may apply and only seniors may compete in the pageant, which generally takes place in March.