Athletic Requirement Changes for 2020-2021:
With our distance learning model and changing from trimesters to quarters, students are offered 4 graded classes (used to be 5). Athletes must be taking/and pass 3 classes the quarter prior to and during their season, to be eligible to compete. All other OSAA rules/requirements remain the same.
Homeroom does not count as a graded class; it is Pass/No Pass.
OSAA Competition Season Timelines:
- August 31st – October 16th (Spring sports practice & non-league scrimmages)
- October 17th – November 27th (Fall sports practice & non-league scrimmages)
- November 28th – December 27th (Winter sports practice & non-league scrimmages)
Season 2: December 28, 2020 – March 7, 2021
Season 3: Feb. 22, 2021 – May 2, 2021/May 9, 2021 for Football
Season 4: April 19, 2021 – June 27, 2021
OSAA Season 2 Winter Sports – swimming, wrestling and basketball:
Athletes must pass 3 graded classes for 1st AND 2nd quarters. The first qualifying grades will come from the end of first quarter on Nov. 13th, and the second qualifying grades will come during the season, at the end of second quarter on Feb. 5th.
OSAA Season 3 Fall Sports – XC, volleyball, soccer and football:
Athletes must pass 3 classes during the 2nd AND 3rd quarters. The first qualifying grades will come from the end of second quarter on Feb. 5th, and the second qualifying grades will come during the season, at the end of third quarter on April 16th.
OSAA Season 4 Spring Sports – golf, tennis, track and field, baseball, softball and lacrosse:
Athletes must pass 3 classes during the 3rd AND 4th quarters. The first qualifying grades will come from the end of third quarter on April 16th, and the second qualifying grades will come during the season, at the end of the school year on June 17th.
Athletes wishing to participate need to do the following:
- Register (See below)
- Complete a Waiver of Liability & Hold Harmless for Communicable Diseases Including Covid-19 Waiver Form
- Have a current physical on file in our Athletic Office
Waiver forms and physicals can be emailed to Connie Pollock at email@example.com.
These MUST be completed prior to attending practices. No participation fee will be charged for Season One.
Register for 2020-2021 Athletics and Activities!
Athletes must have a current physical on file in the athletic office at the high school in order to participate. Physicals are good for two years and must be done on the OSAA Physical form. Please email the form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Participation fee is $250 per sport and $175 per activity (cheer and dance). There is an individual cap of $600 and a family cap of $1250 per year. Fees are due prior to the first competition. To pay for athletic fees, log into your ParentVue account or pay directly at the high school bookkeeping office; three month payment contracts are also available. Please remember: No participation fee will be charged for Season One.
- Participation fees may be reduced by half if approved for the Free/Reduced Lunch Program. This form must be filled out every year to qualify.
- Link to free/reduced lunch application in English and Spanish: click here (available July 1st)
- The Permission to Share Information form (for those that have been approved for the free/reduced lunch program) must also be signed. This form gives the state permission to release your approved status to the high school; this allows us to waive your fees.
- Link to the Permission to Share Information form in English: click here
- Link to the Permission to Share Information form in Spanish: click here
Athletes must have a 2.0 GPA for the trimester prior to the season they are participating in. If an athlete receives a gpa lower than 2.0 they will have to sit out of competitions for the first two weeks and have their current grades checked every two weeks during the season. Athletes can still participate in practices during their “sit out” time.
These additional forms may be required by the district if your student is a transfer from another district, is being home schooled, is attending a private school but lives in the Sherwood School District, or is a foreign exchange student: