Fall sports include: football, volleyball, cross country, soccer, dance and cheer (tryouts were in May 2022).

Winter sports include: basketball, wrestling and swimming.

Spring sports include: track & field, baseball, softball, tennis, golf, lacrosse.

Athletes wishing to participate need to do the following:

  1. Register
  2. Have a current physical on file in our Athletic Office (physicals must be submitted on the OSAA physical form)

Physicals can be emailed to Connie Pollock at cpollock@sherwood.k12.or.us

These MUST be completed prior to attending practices.  

Important Information

Athletes must have a current physical on file in the athletic office at the high school in order to participate.  Physicals are good for two years and must be done on the OSAA physical form. Please email the form to cpollock@sherwood.k12.or.us.  


Participation fee is $250 per sport and $175 per activity (cheer and dance). There is an individual cap of $600 and a family cap of $1250 per year.  Fees are due prior to the first competition. To pay for athletic fees, log into your ParentVue account or pay directly at the high school bookkeeping office; three month payment contracts are also available.  

  • Participation fees may be reduced by half if approved for the Free/Reduced Lunch Program. This form must be filled out every year to qualify.  
  • The Permission to Share Information form (for those that have been approved for the free/reduced lunch program) must also be signed.  This form gives the state permission to release your approved status to the high school; this allows us to waive your fees.
  • Link to free/reduced lunch application and the Permission to Share Information in English and Spanish:  click here 

Athletes must have a passed 4 classes and received a 2.0 GPA for the grading period prior to the athletic season they are participating in.  If an athlete receives a GPA lower than 2.0 they will have to sit out of competitions for the first two weeks and have their current grades checked regularly during the season. Athletes can still participate in practices during their “sit out” time.

Additional Forms

These additional forms may be required by the district if your student is a transfer from another district, is being home schooled, is attending a private school but lives in the Sherwood School District, or is a foreign exchange student: